Friday, January 8, 2010

A case for Knowshon Moreno

The Vikings young, amazing receiver Percy Harvin won the AP Rookie Of The Year award in a land slide. That was expected and I don't have a problem with it. But what annoys me is this, Knowshon Moreno is not up for Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year voting on NFL.com! I don't understand why not? Moreno won the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week award 4 times, more than any other Rookie. So why wouldn't he be in the ROY voting? The young back rushed for 947 yards, and added 213 receiving yards. He found the end zone 9 times, and showed power, good moves, and even quickness at times . What really stuck out is he did it all behind a beat up, trashy offensive line. Yet he is not up for Rookie of the Year voting on NFL.com. The players that are (Jairus Byrd, Brian Cushing, Percy Harvin, Clay Matthews, and Michael Oher) are all deserving, but I think Moreno should have made the cut. Not to pick on anybody, but Oher has had 6 false starts, and allowed 8 sacks. I have Orange and Blue Bias in my blood, but I think a lot of people would agree Moreno was snubbed.

No comments: