Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NFL Update: Cowboys

As if the Cowboys were not already loaded with WR's the Lions made a crazy unexpected move and traded Roy Williams to the Cowboys!(photo Getty Images) Out of the deal the winless Lions recieve: first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in ‘09. Williams who is in his 5th year in the NFL has 262 catches for 3,884 yards and 29 total Touchdowns.

In other Cowboys news they have lost Adam Pacman Jones-at least for the time being. NFL.com reported: "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones indefinitely without pay, for a minimum of four games, on Tuesday for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy." I not exactly sure what Jones is in trouble for this time. I think the NFL is taking action on stuff they happened a little while ago...Adam may not be back the whole year, if the Cowboys or lucky (or maybe unlucky?) Jones could be back by Week 11 on Nov. 16 when they play the Redskins.

We respect and support the decision of the commissioner, I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL. -Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (AP Photo by Ross D. Franklin)

NFL.com also reported: "Adam Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. He was traded by Tennessee to Dallas for a foruth-round draft pick in April, and was then reinstated by Goodell on Aug. 28 after being allowed to practice and play in preseason games with the Cowboys. "

So it looks like the Cowboys may have had a "hit'n miss" with Jones but it's to soon to say, and he did do a nice job in the few games he played.

In other more important news the Cowboys have also lost Tony Romo, for up to a month! This has turned the fantasy world upside down! (AGAIN) At the beginning of the season Tom Brady was lost for the year-that killed the fantasy world. Guys laughed at me when I drafted Jay Cutler with my first pick, and now I'm laughing at them who wasted their early pics on Tom and Tony. NFL.com Wire reported: "Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo fractured a finger on his throwing hand and could be out for up to four weeks."

"He couldn't grip the ball, He probably should have gone out of the game. He had sprained his finger before, and thought that's what it was when he couldn't grip the ball." -Wade Philips

T.O. would not comment on the news. This now leaves Brad Johnson to be Ownes QB. And I'm expecting things may not go so well with them the next couple of weeks of the season.

"We have complete confidence in him. Our team, I think, will rally around him. ... Brad had a good preseason. He's ready to play."-Coach Wade Philips

This could really hurt the Cowboys season. With the new WR Roy Williams Brad may not be too bad-MAYBE

3 comments:

Beatriz Kioko said...

I've been living in Denver for a couple of months and I cant believe I still dont have a Broncos shirt.

Jon Heath said...

Well I must say that was very ramdom lol
I don't think I have a Bronco either, but I do have some hoddies and a John Lynch jersey, and tons of hats (and visors)

Thanks for visting the site! Hope you like it and stick around!

Jon Heath said...

I don't think I have a Bronco *shirt* either