Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dre' Bly fined $20,000

Broncos All-Pro Corner Dre' Bly has been fined by the NFL $20K for "inappropriate remarks". He's remarks were on the officiating in Denver's 24-17 loss to Jacksonville on Sunday. There were two bad calls-that played a role in the Broncos loss. One on Bly, and the other on Safety Marlon McCree.
Some of the comments by Bly were:
(photo AP Dre' Bly)
"My call, I had perfect outside position and he broke his route right into me and he pushed me down. (The official) throws the P.I. flag on me. But it's judgment calls; those guys get graded just like we do, and like I told him, 'I don't know if your grade's going to be too good this week.' Some judgment calls, and we feel like it was bad calls, but you know we can't look at them two calls as an excuse as the reason we lost the game."

No comments: