Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Denver Broncos Make SI Cover

The Denver Broncos made the Sports Illustrated cover for the first time since 2003. But some people arn't so excited that the Broncos' Daniel Graham made the cover. On account of the jinx it had on us last time. The 2003 cover featured Jake Plummer, the Broncos were 4-0, but then things went down hill as the Broncos went 10-6 and we destroyed in the Wild Card playoffs. Good thing or bad thing, it proves some are starting to notice the Broncos. View all Broncos' SI covers here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasnt Terell Davis On the Cover Of SI the Year He Blew His Knee Out???

Jon Heath said...

Yes, I think so :( Davis was on twice, Elway was the cover 8 times, Sharpe once, and Plummer was as well. I really hope this 'jinx' doesn't continue.
And thanks for the comment =D Goooo Broncos!!!

GeneQ said...

I just went to SI.com it shows Mariano Rivera as the cover. whats the deal?

Jon Heath said...

I don't know Gene? I know that the Bronco cover is legit tho, I think that may be a past cover, not sure, if you have a twitter I'd ask @fs3142 @psmyth12 and/or @Adam_Schefter I'm pretty sure one (or all) of them would know what's up.

Jon Heath said...

Here you go Gene: Rivera was last week, I assume the site changes when the mag hits newsstands today/tomorrow. - Frank Schwab

http://twitter.com/fs3142/status/4682154852