Friday, September 5, 2008

Team Captains

Today the players picked the captains and...
The team captains are: Jay Cutler and Champ Bailey got the "C" on thier jersey(s). Big shocker :)Two of the three other captains are: Daniel Graham and D.J. Williams. Dan as 'O', and DJ at 'D'. Mike Leach is our special teams cap. I've always liked Leach a lot. He's a UN-sung hero for sure. We'd get nowhere if the ball was not snapped right. Everybody over looks the long snapper spot.

(speaking of Cutler)“Well as a quarterback in that third year, you’re not too young anymore, especially when you’re the starter,“It just shows the amount of respect the rest of the team has for him.”-Coach Shanahan

“When your teammates elect you a captain, it must mean that they respect you and think highly of you,It’s an honor of me, and I’m happy to be a captain on this team.”-TE Graham

“Especially last year playing the middle linebacker,That’s kind of like the quarterback on defense.This year, I was voted team captain so I’m just going to lead to the best of my ability, It’s definitely a great honor. I’m privileged that my teammates chose me to go out there and lead for the defense.”
-LB Williams

Mike Shanahan said that the ST captain will change week-to-week, but Leach was still appreciative:

“Well you always want to have the respect of your teammates,When it comes from them, it means a lot.”-LS/TE Leach

No comments: