Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More on Foxy

Sorry I just put some'n up real quick before, here's more details:

The Broncos have traded corner Domonique Foxworth to the Atlanta Falcons.The trade gave us a conditional seventh-round draft choice-for next years draft. The pick may get higher, it all depends on how much time Domonique see's on the field. Foxy is in he's fourth year. And because the we signed Calvin Lowry we had to give him up. I really did not see this coming. Me and many many other Bronco fans thought that Fox was pushing Dre' Bly for a starting job. And then when rookie Jack Williams came along it made even more sense to trade Bly. But instead the Broncos traded Foxworth, and now Jack WIlliams who had two INT's the pre-season (one for a long TD)will take his spot. And Donald Andre Bly is safe-for now.

My sister loved (and still may) Fox, she was gonna buy his jersey. When I told her the rumors about Foxworth possibly being traded she said that "IF THEY (Broncos) DO (TRADE FOXWORTH)THEY'LL LOSE A FAN! WRITE THEM AND TELL THEM THAT" I have not told her about the trade yet :)

“I guess they’ve seen some good things out of me and I guess they’re expecting me to step into the role that he had, which is be a playmaker and be able to fill in wherever they need me,” -Jack Williams

“It’s an opportunity for him, so it’s not all bad,With Champ on one side and I’m here and then the guys that we drafted, it’s tough, we’re all competing. But like I said, it gives him a chance to go somewhere where he’ll be rewarded and play well and then get compensated at the end of the year.” -Dre' Bly

“I’m thinking he’ll definitely take a positive spin about this,But at the same time, you know the Denver Broncos without Fox? You know, you can’t watch a TV show in Denver without seeing a Foxworth commercial. He’s as much a part of Denver as anyone, so it’s going to be tough.”
-Hamza Abdullah



I'll miss you FOX (and my sis will even more) hope you the best-you and Jace do well in Atlanta. Don't turn into a Javon or Ashley, or Bill Romo on us, okay.
-Jon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no more foxworth?!?!?!? are the Broncos insane????!!!! they already lost Lynch! I think Mike Shanahan is maybe getting too old to make wise decisions..I mean, I luv that coach...but anybody who trades foxworth has to be INSANE!!!! the falcons are one lucky team...well, glad i didn't buy that jersey. hey! maybe i can get it on clearance now! (aka: affordable. haha) urgh...i can't believe that. i was just starting to become a bronco fan too...now i dunno if i'll be able to root for them...hey jon, when i come home, you'll have to help me find a new fav player, okay? luv ya little bro! keep up the good work on the blog!!!

Jon Heath said...

B, maybe you'll go for Elvis Dumervil? Do you still have a thing with Reggie Bush? I'll get some pics of some players, and we'll see what you think. You still like Foxworth-right?