Friday, February 26, 2010

NFL Combine - Day One

The first day of the NFL Combine has come and gone. With no shortage of big stories.

The Broncos will have the 11th overall draft pick, after the Bears lost the coin toss with the Jaguars. Although Denver may not get a "Top 10 Player" the rookie they draft will be much cheaper than one selected higher.

Arkansas guard Mitch Petrus tied a combine record (since 2000) with 45 bench repetitions of 225 LBs. Of course he wasn't counting, he was "Shocked" when he was told how many he did.

In his interview, Tim Tebow said although it has been his dream to play QB in NFL, he would be willing to playing another position.
“I want to be a quarterback in the NFL,” he said. “It’s been my dream since I was 6 years old, so I’m going to do what it takes to do that. But if I’m on a team that asks me to help the team in some other way, of course I’m going to do that. It’s team first.”
Get more in depth coverage of the combine by going to NFL.com/Combine.

No comments: