Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Darrell Reid played through a knee injury

Yesterday Darrell Reid tweeted on twitter that he had 'Just Left Physical Therapy.' This made me scratch my head because I wasn't aware that he had an injury. Turns out, Reid had connective tissue damage in his left knee. The injury accured against the Steelers in early November. Although it was a serious injury he kept it to himself and played through 5 more games before he told the trainers.

"I’m the type that doesn’t really like the training room, so I really didn’t tell the trainers what was going on at first; but after the Colts game it got so sore that I knew I had to get on top of it. I had to tell the trainers. I told them after the Colts game because I knew that it wasn’t good," acknowledged Reid.

After he got back from Miami, he had surgery in his knee, it may at the very least prevent the outside linebacker-defensive end Darrell Reid from fully participating in training camp.

"I had knee surgery in New York after I got back from the Super Bowl. I was told the recovery time could be between six to eight months," said Reid to Fox 31’s Josina Anderson on Monday.

This is sad news for the Broncos and Darrell. I wish him a quick and full recovery. Give him your well wishes on twitter @Footz95

Update: Here is an image of Darrell getting his knee worked on:

No comments: