Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker fitting right in

Rookie Wide Receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker have quickly become good friends. They are also getting to know the other WR's well. Decker told me,
"Brandon Stokley, is a player (teammate now) I am most familiar with. I was introduced to him after I suffered my injury this past fall and gained a tremendous amount of respect for him. A great player but a better person!"
Demaryius says he has "clicked'' with Eddie Royal. In a fan-submitted comment [via The Denver Post], I asked Thomas who he has clicked with best since arriving in Denver. His reply:"
I got to know Eddie Royal a little bit and he seems like a good guy. We texted a lot after I was drafted. We have the same agent (Todd France), so that's how we kind of got know each other. Mostly by texting."
Decker has not met Royal yet, but is looking forward to it,
"Eddie is in our agency too, so I am excited to get an opportunity to meet him," Eric told me in an interview. "Brandon I obviously met before and think very highly of him."
Brandon Stokley helped Eddie Royal a lot his Rookie year, now both the Receivers look to do the same for Thomas and Decker. The Broncos Receiving corps will be a close unit this season, with plenty of talent. The Broncos currently have 12 wide recievers on the roster, who will all push each other to become better. Training camp and the 2010 season will be very exciting to watch; the development of Thomas and Decker, as well as the other WR's, will be a hot topic.

No comments: