Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today it happened. What I never thought would Ever happen, happened. Mike Shanahan was fired by the Denver Broncos. Then they brought in Josh McDaniels. One year later everyone wonders, whas it the right choice? I say no. But that's partly just because of how much I loved Shanny. But look at how the season has gone, just about the same thing that happened to the Broncos last year is happening again this year. Another reason I think we should have kept Shanahan for at least one more year is Kyle Orton. Kyle is not the answer. And Shanahan had the offense going in all the right directions, and I think it is clear McDaniels is not as smart as Shanahan when it comes offensive game planning. But then you have to flip it around and look at our new defense. The reason Shanahan was fired was the defense, and Josh McDaniels along with new DC Mike Nolan have installed the 3-4, and that was ingenious. Many a time Shanahan would sign a defensive name free agent just to have him become a huge bust. That has not happened with McDaniels who has signed players like; Brian Dawkins, Darrell Reid, and Vonnie Holliday. I don't think our defense would have been as good if we kept Shanahan. So looking back, if we could have kept Shanahan, made Nolan the Defensive coordinator and made the 3-4 switch, I think everything woulda worked out great. But that didn't happen, and here we are one year later. That's the past, I'm looking toward the future, and the future is; Ryan Clady, Elvis Dumervil, and Knowshon Moreno.

No comments: