Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What next?

As if the season was not bad enough, the Denver Broncos have just fired Mike Shanahan! I am shocked, disappointed, mad, furious, and crazy. I just don't believe it. We'll have photos from Shanahan's great career here on BZ shortly.

With only two loosing seasons, two Super Bowl victories, and countless future stars, as well as past starts, and numerous Pro Bowl starters. I didn't see this coming at all.

"After giving this careful consideration, I have concluded that a change in our football operations is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos," -- Pat Bowlen

“I’m disappointed, I’m shocked, I’m not happy about it, I’m not pleased with it at all, We had zero inkling this was going to happen. I didn’t have a clue...I think with the offensive staff we had, we were moving ahead, I had just met with Mike to go over everything, talk about the things we wanted to do, make sure we were going the right way on offense...I hope it all works out. But I know I’m disappointed, I’m not happy, and it’s a lot to think about. I just want to continue the things were able to do this year on offense and get better all the time.” -- Jay Cutler

No comments: