Monday, July 26, 2010

Eric Decker to sign four year deal tomorrow

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver is reporting Eric Decker will formally put pen to paper on Tuesday, signing a 4-year contract worth up to $4.8 million, with a $732,150 signing bonus.

The rookie Wide Receiver out of Minnesota fell on draft boards after suffering a Lisfranc foot fracture during his senior year. He hasn't fully practiced with the Broncos yet, but is expected to be ready come August 1st - when the team officially starts Training Camp.

"I feel very good going into this week," said the No. 87 overall pick of April's draft. "I have worked very hard on increasing my strength and endurance, as well as managing my pain. Obviously, I don't want any setbacks during camp, but we have an excellent training staff that will work with me to feel confident about taking the field every day."

The Broncos can now focus on signing the high round draft picks, Demaryius Thomas, Tim Tebow, and Zane Beadles. The Denver Post speculates all will have signed by Wednesday. Check out our exclusive April interview with Decker by clicking here.

No comments: