Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's Beat Those Cowboys!

Heading into week 4 the Dallas Cowboys are 2-1, the Denver Broncos are 3-0. This is the most important game of the year for the Broncos, and maybe even the Cowboys. The Broncos had a nice Pre-Season, now the season starts. But this is more than just a big game, more than loose and everybody says "I told you so" more than win and in or loose and out. This is more than are the Broncos real or not, this is fan pride. I have two best friends. Both like the Cowboys, and one bleeds Silver and Blue, if you get my drift. We will cheer for each others team, but at the rare moment we face each other all that matters is bragging rights! A few Thanksgivings' ago we faced the Cowboys, and won, my friend, Vince, is eager for pay back. I look to get two consecutive bragging victories. While Demarcus Ware is eager to get his first sack of 2009. Coming of a record 2008 season Ware is yet to record a sack, he'll be up against Ryan Clady, who is yet in his career to let up a whole sack. So I'm sure a few people will be keeping an eye on that match-up. Under center Kyle Orton has played mistake free football, the Cowboys will look to change that after getting a two pick game last week against the Panthers. Buckhalter and Moreno will have to have a fumble/mistake free game to give the Broncos a chance. Last week Buckhalter fumbled and the Raiders recovered. Luckily for the Broncos the Raiders stink enough, and our defense was good enough that it was not costly. But against the Cowboys things will be different. The Broncos defense will need to get pressure on Tony Homo (opps, typo I guess, Romo) to succeed, against the Giants Romo was pressured and tossed 3 INT's. Last week Russell was pressured by the Broncos and threw 2 picks. Dumervil is coming off back-to-back multiple sack games, the Broncos need him to continue to get pressure against the Cowboys. I am hoping the Broncos will continue to use Brandon Marshall inside the hash marks like last week where he had much success. This is a big game for the Broncos, and Cowboys, and me. Go Broncos!!!

Igor Olshansky had some dirty things to say after the Broncos beat the Chargers. Igor a former Bolt, now a Cowboy, is not a big fan of the Broncos, I'd keep an eye on him.

4 comments:

Ian Henson - The Orange Page Denver Broncos Blog said...

Hah! I've never seen that interview before. That guy needs media training.

Jon Heath said...

I guess it was a big deal, but I just seen it for the fist time too

mr. me said...

I have a question, how does Clinton Portis have 40+ TD's and 4 of 5 years with 'Skins go for 1,000+ rush yards? If it's all the blocking (holding) sceam?

Jon Heath said...

frizzo mr. me